Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Things that make no sense to me.

I always admire people who can retain a positive attitude about life regardless of what happens. It's really such a simple philosophy to just not worry so much, and not to take everything to heart. And I find myself thinking, "Hey, yeah! You're right random tumblr post/Facebook status! I'm just going to be happy!"

And then I get my third parking ticket in two months.

HOW IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO KEEP UP THIS WHOLE POSITIVE ENERGY THING WHEN THINGS LIKE PARKING TICKETS EXIST? And the thing is, I know people who wouldn't let this piss them off. What in the FUCK is the secret to life? How am I supposed to lead a life where things don't irritate me and I'm not so obsessed with the way the universe is treating me? But you know, maybe all these happy people are just a facade of the person that is actually hiding underneath that vomit-inducing smile? Maybe everyone is just as negative and cynical, it's just that some of us are better actors.

Man, fuck this bullshit. I kind of just want to be happy for more than twenty seconds. Thanks, universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment